Well after having a small period where I didn’t know what to do with myself and having to trawl the office for scraps of work that I could do… I’ve had a bit of a change…

but first of all I thought I’d bring up another small story.

When we brought our washing machine we umed and aared a little over whether the 4kg one we were looking at would be big enough. The final verdict was that of course it would, if it came down to it, we would just do more smaller loads.

Apparently that was one of those decisions that only I remember the under lying reason for.

Well after the machine started squeeking a couple of months ago, I must have started sounding like a broken record…
‘Dont put so much in it’, ‘dont fill it so full’, ‘it will only get worse if it over filled’, ‘you cant put all those towels in at once’, ‘please dont fill it so full’…

Well about a month ago the squeeking stopped. By sheer coincidence I’m sure, it was about that time that the comments of, ‘this isn’t spinning properly’, ‘my clothes are still wet’, ‘i think we need a new machine’, ‘this is dyring my clothes enough’, started.

You guessed it, they were met with…
‘Dont put so much in it’, ‘dont fill it so full’, ‘it will only get worse if it over filled’, ‘you cant put all those towels in at once’, ‘please dont fill it so full’…

Well on Sunday we had a new comment. “THE WASHING MACHINE ISN’T SPINNING AT ALL!!!!!”

Well colour me surprised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So last night we got the enjoyable task of undoing the wiring and piping, and carrying the great heavy beast outside, flipping it upside down, undoing the motor, sliding it back to tighten the belt, and then bolting it back down, manhandleing it back inside and reconnecting everything. It now spins as good as when we first got it

GOD HELP ANYONE I CATCH PUTTING TO MUCH STUFF IN IT AGAIN!!!

Anyway, like I was saying, after having a quiet period at work, yesterday I sat down and put my upcoming projects into MS project. It looked rather full, so I thought I would add approximate ‘workloads’ to each thing I have to do. For those of you who dont know, ms project has a nifty function where you can graph the workload you have per day…

It was at this point where I started to realise that things may need looking at…

for the next 2 months, I only have two days where I will be less than 80% ‘busy’ (I normally try to allocate myself to 80% as the other bits and peices of day to day work normally ensure that 80% is more than enough!). The concerning thing was that over 1/2 of the days are more than 100%, and about a quater are getting closer to 140/150%. I had 3 days with over 200% and a high score of 225% workload :-/

After a bit of juggling I managed to get these looking healthier, and closer to 100/120ish. Although this doesn’t account for anything ‘going wrong’ or for any of the ‘business as usual’ work that I have…

needless to say I have a meeting with my boss this morning.