A 4.64 earthquake exploded under our bed at 11.36pm last night.
Jolted awake – yet again – then left to ponder ……….
Is that it, or is there worse to come
Will our city ever be calm
Will our homes ever be repaired so they don’t
– shake when we walk across the rooms
– leak profusely when the rain falls
– have cracked windows and walls
– stink of terrible smells from unknown sources
– allow rats to get under the house and into the wall cavities
Three years is a long time to be living in limbo, with no end in sight.